Search This Blog

Saturday, May 27, 2006

Bad Brads BBQ-true to it's name-it's Bad

While this site is not a dining critic blog I will report the occasional positive or negative experience. I recently gave the BBQ restaurant Bad Brads another chance after having an initial mediocre meal. Unfortunately I have to report that this time was worse than the first. We ordered take out again and this time I specifically requested BBQ sauce to aid the dry as a popcorn fart briquette that I have the time before. It seems however that their BBQ sauce unlike their well established competitor’s homemade sauce is a thick molasses "goop" that tastes and resembles a store bought brand.

In addition, the "Cowboy beans" tasted like the cook had dropped the Chili powder shaker can and all into the bean batch- I had painful gas for several hours afterwards -I know... too much information!

Finally for three deluxe meals it was $37, including awful, awful, cobbler, the cost was far more expensive than it’s well establish competitor in Gregory. Macs you’re still worth the long, pain in the butt, could get caught at the rail road tracks, side street, zig zag drive through Gregory! Keep up the good work, your BBQ is the best in south Texas. Maybe Bad Brad's fare is what BBQ is suppose to taste like in Oklahoma? God I love Texas!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the "review" of Bad Brad's. I actually found this blog site while doing a Google search for their phone number so I could make sure they were open at 8pm tonight before wasting a trip. Well, I read this review and it confirmed our feelings after our first visit there a month ago. I was willing to give it another try but we just went to our old faithful La Iguana instead. This is a great blog, by the way.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the "review", it saved us from making another trip there. Our first visit wasn't that great so after reading this blog we decided not to go back tonight. We went to our old faithful La Iguana instead.

portland said...

I'm glad I could help and thank you for the kind words about the blog!

Anonymous said...

I am in the mood for bbq and drive by the new Bad Brad's everyday going to CC. I did a Google search using their name and "Portland Texas" and low and behold I found your blog! This is wonderful blog and I'll be checking frequently to try to keep up with the growth in our little Portland Texas! Also, we won't be going to Bad Brad's. Not tonight anyway. Maybe when we're feeling more adventurous and when we're willing to possibly throw our money away! Thanks!

portland said...

Hi Steph
I appreciate the positive feedback! By next weekend I should have more news and pictures.

Anonymous said...

We tried the "Bad" bbq and if this is BBQ in Oklahoma I feel sorry for them.
Everything there tastes like store bought pre packaged ingrediants.
Rudy's in the Hill Country serves the "Worst BBQ in Texas" and it rocks. I agree Bad Brads is 1 * out of *****
Mac's Pit **** out of ***** my opinion

portland said...

All opinions are welcome. I appreciate yours!

Anonymous said...

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE BAD BRADS!! I think it is sad that the growing city of Portland is not accepting to new businesses to help their little city progress. I have heard nothing but wonderful comments about bad brad's and when I had a problem I was big enough to immediatly address the owner who was kind and generous enough to solve my problem and do his best to make me happy! Not to mention the service, I have never been treated as if my waitress was my good friend. This place offers great TEXAN BBQ! Its a shame that others cant give their opinion where it should be given!!! BEST OF LUCK TO BRAD!